Thursday, February 2, 2012

Throwback Thursday: Michelle's favorite song

My sweet friend, Ashley and her brother, Chris introduced me to Brooke Fraser about 5 years ago. Ashley told me I had to listen to this song, Albertine and I immediately fell in love. It was on the heels of our trip to Uganda and it summed up how I was feeling, "Now that I have seen, I am responsible. Faith without deeds is dead." I thought I would share it with you (because it's stuck in my head for the day now! And who can resist belting out a song with a beautiful alto voice?). Click the song title to see the video.
Albertine
I am sitting still, I think of AngeliqueHer mothers voice over meAnd the bullets in the wall where it fell silentAnd on a thousandth hill, I think of AlbertineThere in her eyes what I don’t see with my ownRwanda
Now that I have seen, I am responsibleFaith without deeds is deadNow that I have held you in my own armsI cannot let go till you are
And I am on a plane across a distant seaBut I carry you in meAnd then the dust on, the dust on, the dust onThe dust on, the dust on my feetRwanda
Now that I have seen, I am responsibleFaith without deeds is deadNow that I have held you in my own armsI cannot let go till you are
I will tell the world, I will tell them where I've beenI will keep my word, I will tell them, AlbertineRwanda
Now that I have seen, I am responsibleFaith without deeds is deadNow that I have held you in my own armsI cannot let go till you are
And I am on a stage, a thousand eyes on meI will tell them, AlbertineI will tell them, Albertine

No comments:

Post a Comment