Monday, February 6, 2012

Out of the Mouth of Babes

If you are my friend on Facebook, you have probably seen some of the funnier things my three year old says. He makes me laugh all day. It's because he talks ALLLLLL DAY! It may be partially my fault, seeing that I have a speech pathology background. This translates into monitoring when he was producing plosives, glides, and now sibilants alongside of single words, two word phrases, multi-word phrases, sentences, sentences with conjunctions and so on.

Needless to say, we have been having child-like discussions about moving to Honduras. He does say some funny things. He recently asked if he could have a camel when we move to Honduras. He also talks to Asher about being "missionary kids" and how they will "love on people and share with them about Jesus being their friend." My favorite conversation was recently when he asked me if he could see a picture of "Honduran kids."

This is what I showed him:

Jacob's response: "OH MOM! They look JUST like me! They look like kids!"

While I don't know what he was anticipating, his response blessed my heart. As a mom who worries about her children's culture shock and how these blonde haired, blue eyed children will be received by other children, I exhaled a sigh of relief. I prayed that we would all see each other as the Lord sees us. Because I am certain He looks at the heart while man looks at the outward appearance. (1 Samuel 16:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment