Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolution: To Be More Like My 3 Year Old




As I watch Jacob, I learn from him. Here's my top ten reasons why I want to be like him:

1. A song is always on his heart and it's usually about how great Jesus is.

2. Jacob is quick to forgive and quick to admit fault and ask for forgiveness. Jacob is willing to accept reproof, correction, teaching, and training.

3. His prayers are so simple and always "thank Jesus for our MANY blessings"

4. Jacob trusts so easily that "God is [his] friend."

5. He is not afraid to ask questions.

6. The Word sticks to Jake's sponge-like brain so easily and is always on his lips.

7. He is aware he is a sinner. (Quite evident at three!)

8. Jacob is my sweet little encourager!

9. He sees everyone (age, race, culture) as someone similar to him.

10. Jacob loves with abandon and enjoys life!

People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them. Mark 10:13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment