Monday, August 8, 2016

Write Them On the Door Frames And Gateposts

In Deuteronomy 11, the Lord instructs the children of Israel to fix His words in the forefront of their minds and hearts.  He tells them to do this by talking about His word day and night with their children and by putting Scripture on the door frames and gateposts.  Philippians 4:8 hangs next to my kitchen sink for good reason. The sink is where I pass a good amount of my time.  The sink is where I think and pray.




It doesn't look as pretty as the image above anymore.  The yellow is faded. The corners curled up from enduring a suffocating humidity right next to open windows.  The paper may be ugly and dishwater splattered but the words are forever true.  An instruction for what to think on is not a bad thing when your mind can lead you astray; when your mind can convince you of things that are untrue. The Lord's words posted for me to see helps me choose thoughts that are true, noble, right, pure...

Do you have verses you hold close? What are they?
     

No comments:

Post a Comment